Author Topic: correct air cleaner to valve cover hose 1968 L48 engine & standard air cleaner  (Read 2357 times)

Nigel

• View Profile
Dear Sirs, I am trying to locate the correct hose which runs from the right valve cover to the back of the air cleaner. I have a 1968 Camaro RS/SS with L48 350, 295 hp engine and original single snorkel air cleaner.

Please can you advise the correct GM part number and also where I may be able to purchase one.

Many thanks as always,, Nigel

bertfam

• View Profile
Nigel, you should get a copy of the AIM. It has a lot of part numbers in it that will help. Free PDF versions of a lot of the manuals are available HERE.

The hose you need is P/N 3923252 and HERE'S A REPRODUCTION on Australia ebay. Although I have no clue what a Holden HK Monaro GTS327 is, it apparently uses the same hose as the Camaro! Other than that, it seems no one is reproducing them. (And to be honest, the one in Australia doesn't look that "correct" to me, but I guess it's better than nothing.)

He doesn't ship to the US, but you're in luck because he DOES ship to Europe!

Ed

Nigel

• View Profile
Thanks again Ed, I didnt realise that trying to find this hose was going to be such a problem. Thank you also for the link to the AIM, I will use it first in future. Best regards, Nigel

ZLP955

• View Profile
I have no clue what a Holden HK Monaro GTS327 is, it apparently uses the same hose as the Camaro
One of our most iconic domestic 2-doors, the Monaro was based on the humble 4-door Kingswood sedan and Wagon, and available with a range of engines from 6-cylinder up to the Chevy 350. The GTS was competitive on the race track too. You could liken it to our own Camaro!
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

bertfam

• View Profile
So basically it was the same thing as the FIRENZA, but instead of the 302 engine, it used the 327.

Ed

ZLP955

• View Profile
No, the Firenza was based on a GM Europe Opel/Vauxhall platform, the Viva IIRC. The Monaro was developed here, although like most car manufacturers, there are some similar styling cues. GM Holden exported the Monaro to South Africa, where it was badged as a Chevrolet.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

anything