Author Topic: Hood Latch to Hood to Header  (Read 286 times)

Iowa Jon

• View Profile
Hood Latch to Hood to Header
« on: June 22, 2024, 03:26:37 PM »
Since my last post I was able to purchase the correct hood springs and new aftermarket hinges.  I now am trying to set the panel gaps.  When the panel gaps are good and square the hood is not even close to the latch? Original GM fenders, Gm cowl vent ,  GM Valance ,  Gm header , aftermarket cowl hood,  aftermarket core support i think.  Original Gm hood latch and bracket.  See picture. The hood is as far forward as it can go. In the picture it is pretty much level with the Fenders.  So if it could go down it would be way below the fender line.  The Core support is mounted in the first set of frame holes closet to the front of the car. Core support bushings are new.  Tried two sets.  GM original in great shape and Energy suspension bushings.  If anyone can post a picture of the latch to header panel / core support maybe that would help??  Possibly my latch is not my original?  Thoughts??     

HOGDADDY

• View Profile
Re: Hood Latch to Hood to Header
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 05:38:06 PM »
You are missing the piece that attaches to hood or just have it off to show misalignment?

Iowa Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2024, 05:43:50 PM »
Yes,  just off to show how far away. Here is another picture of the latch.  Maybe it is not original to my car? I had so many boxes of parts with my car when i purchased it i assumed it was original. 

Iowa Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 05:45:49 PM »
Here is a picture of the dimension. 

Iowa Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024, 05:47:43 PM »
Hi Hogdaddy, it does catch the saftey latch fine when installed.  Just can't reach the hood. 

Iowa Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2024, 06:41:18 PM »
Ugh,  never mind I figured it out.  Sometimes its amazing how much of an idiot i can be. 

anything