Author Topic: Late model wiper motor fit on a 1969 Camaro  (Read 4236 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Late model wiper motor fit on a 1969 Camaro
« on: April 29, 2007, 02:50:16 AM »
Does anyone know if there are any late model wiper motors, something with several speeds and delay, that will fit on a 69 Camaro at the firewall?

If so, let me know.  I was looking at the motor on the blazer and it looks close.  Does anyone know of a tried and true motor that will work without having to spend $300 for the DSE motor?

Steve

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Late model wiper motor fit on a 1969 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2024, 09:04:40 AM »
I was able to convert my 69 Camaro to have delay/pulse wipers and not look horrible. 

First, I got the wiper motor and bracket from a GMC Safari/Chevy Astro Van.  It will fit the firewall of the first gen Camaro, as the triangular bracket fits the firewall perfectly, with the bolt holes lining up with no issue.  Next, I removed a wiper/washer switch from a GM steering column.  I then took the turn signal stalk and cut it down so that I only had just a bit of metal and plastic that fit into the switch.  I then mounted it on a small retangular metal plate and drilled out holes to fit the switch as well as holes to line up with the mounting tabs on the back of the dash bezel.  Next, I purchased a factory radio knob kit, and attached the tone/balance knob to the plastic turn signal piece, and the main radio knob I fit onto the metal shaft of the turn signal switch.  Finally, I ran new wires to match up to the wiper motor harness, as well as the washer bottle/motor that I had from a vehicle I do not remember, but it the engine compartment.  Now, I have delay wipers and can also use the squirters, and best of all, the knobs match the headlight switch and the factory radio knobs as well.