Author Topic: Maybe the recent news on Inflation is real? $170K+ for Z/28's??  (Read 5480 times)

cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: Maybe the recent news on Inflation is real? $170K+ for Z/28's??
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 12:23:20 PM »
Everything is overpriced these days.

There are a lot more “speculators” that have jumped into the classic car market, basically screwing up reality.

When the value of the dollar drops (printing money with no true backed value and taking out loans with China to cover our debts) people start dumping money into "investment items".  No one can see into the future but the next 3.5+ years are gonna be rough..  The world is a scary place right now..

mpm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2021, 12:31:54 PM »
Doesn't bother me a bit. Have owned mine since 1982. When it sells I will be in the ground so the prices do not mean much to me. It is a separate market I feel for a small group people that don't want to restore only own.

uscrichter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »
When inflation gets to high the Feds will raise interest rates and watch this economy look like 2009! Your right, it will be a wild ride! We have had huge price increases in lumber and building materials and I went to buy some steel tubing for a body cart that I wanted to build and it has doubled in price and I'm sure we will see prices on both products and services for our hobby increase soon as well.

crossboss

• ^ New engine project
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »
Its not just Camaro Z/28s, its everything as others have mentioned. Recently, Im seeing 'junk', 'undesirable' and 'throwaway' cars  double and triple in price. Of course, they are not worth it in my opinion. Yes, tough and rough times ahead. Put on your seat belts!
Just another T/A fanatic. Current lifelong projects:
1968 Olds 442 W-30
1969 Mustang Fastback w a Can-Am 494 (Boss 429)

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 11:48:45 AM »
Put on your seat belts!

Its a rollercoaster ride..   ;D